Find us on
GenCyber 2016 - ISTS - High School Summer Program at Dartmouth College
June 27 - July 1, 2016 - 9am to 3pm
Securing the e-Campus 2016 - Pre-conference Workshops July 11th; Conference July 12-13, 2016
ISTS Information Pamphlet
Institute for Security, Technology, and Society
6211 Sudikoff Laboratory
Hanover, NH 03755 USA
Since the Institute’s inception, its affiliates have published over 180 peer-reviewed papers, and over 100 other papers and reports, informing the community and advancing the state of the art in technology for cyber and homeland security. The links below provide access to most all ISTS-sponsored reports.
Recently Added Publications
- Denise Anthony, Timothy Stablein and Joseph Hall, "Negotiating Stigma in Health Care: Disclosure and the Role of Electronic Health Records", Health Sociology Review DOI:10.1080/14461242.2015.1078218
- Denise Anthony, Timothy Stablein and Emily Carian, "Big Brother in the Information Age", IEEE Security & Privacy 13(4):12-19
- Denise Anthony and Celeste Campos-Castillo, "A Looming Digital Divide? Group Differences in the Perceived Importance of Electronic Health Records", Information, Communication, and Society 18(7): 832-846.
- Roberto Hoyle, Robert Templeman, Denise Anthony, David Crandall and Apu Kapadia, "Sensitive Lifelogs: A privacy analysis of photos from wearable cameras", CHI 2015, April 18 - 23, 2015, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- David Kotz, Kevin Fu, Carl Gunter and Avi Rubin, "Security for Mobile and Cloud Frontiers in Healthcare", Communications of the ACM, Vol. 58 No. 8, Pages 21-23
- Celeste Campos-Castillo and Denise Anthony, "The double-edged sword of electronic health records: implications for patient disclosure", J Am Med Inform Assoc doi:10.1136/amiajnl-2014-002804
- Shrirang Mare, Andres Molina-Markham, Cory Cornelius, Ron Peterson and David Kotz, "ZEBRA: Zero-Effort Bilateral Recurring Authentication", IEEE Symposium on Security & Privacy, 2014
- Cory Cornelius, Ron Peterson, Joseph Skinner, Ryan Halter and David Kotz, "A wearable system that knows who wears it", Proceedings of the International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services (MobiSys) pages 55-67, June, 2014. DOI 10.1145/2594368.2594369.
- Keren Tan, Chris McDonald, Bennet Vance, Chrisil Arackaparambil, Sergey Bratus and David Kotz, "From MAP to DIST: the evolution of a large-scale WLAN monitoring system", IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 13(1):216-229, January, 2014. DOI 10.1109/TMC.2012.237.
- Cory Cornelius, Zachary Marois, Jacob Sorber, Ron Peterson, Shrirang Mare and David Kotz, "Vocal resonance as a biometric for pervasive wearable devices", Technical Report TR2014-747, Dartmouth Computer Science
- Emma Smithayer, "Sensor-based system for verifying blood-pressure measurement position", Technical Report TR2012-720, Dartmouth Computer Science, June, 2012
- Rima Murthy and David Kotz, "Assessing blood-pressure measurement in tablet-based mHealth apps", In Workshop on Networked Healthcare Technology (NetHealth), January, 2014. IEEE Press.
- Denise Anthony, Andrew Campbell, Thomas Candon, Andrew Gettinger, Carl Gunter, M. Eric Johnson, David Kotz, Lisa Marsch, Andres Molina-Markham, Karen Page and Sean Smith, "Securing Information Technology in Healthcare", IEEE Security & Privacy, 11(6):25-33, Nov/Dec, 2013. Invited paper. DOI 10.1109/MSP.2013.104
- Cory Cornelius, "Usable Security for Wireless Body-Area Networks", Dartmouth Technical Report TR2013-741
Ph.D Dissertation. Advisor: David Kotz
- S Sinclair, "Access Control In and For the Real World", Dartmouth Technical Report TR2013-745